II Interdisciplinary Scientific Conference "Mathematical Transgressions"
The idea of this conference has emerged among Polish mathematics educators who recognized an urgent contemporary demand for integrating scientists representing seemingly distant fields of knowledge into successful education of creative, in particular mathematically fit, students. In order to fully understand student's school situation and support effectively school training one has to consider many distinct points of view. Thus educators of mathematics, mathematicians, pedagogues, psychologists and philosophers are invited to participate in the conference with pleanry lectures, presentation sessions, workshops and open discussion
The conference will adress the following topics:
- Didactics of mathematics as a scientific discipline in statu nascendi
- Psychology of mathematics. Psychological aspects of learning mathematics
- Philosophy of mathematics: Platonism versus problem solving view
- The relationship between theory and practice in mathematics education
- Underachievement Syndrome in learning mathematics
- A trap of didactical contract
- Teaching mathematics in 21st century: new methods, new objectives and new content
For more information about the conference, see the website.