Main Scientific Topics
GHOU conference will create a platform for professional astronomers and educators to meet and share hands-on minds-on learning in the framework of Global Hands-on Universe network, bridging the cultural and political divides. Sessions will cover;
- Robotic and remote telescopes for education.
- Challenges of astronomy education in developing countries.
- Social media for science education.
- Science and art collaborations for education.
- Science with ICT learning in the classroom.
- Assessment and evaluation of teaching and learning outcome.
- GHOU best practices and reports on astronomy for development.
- Impact of learning games in STEM education.
- “Exploring the Universe with Mitaka software” by Hidehiko Agata, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ), Japan.
- “Steady Growth for Global HOU: Opportunities and Challenges” by Carl Pennypacker, Global Hands-On Universe (GHOU), USA.
- “STEM Education using Robotic Telescopes” by Fraser Lewis, Faulkes Telescope Project and the National Schools’ Observatory, UK.
- “The Global Science Opera” by Oded Ben-Horin, Stord Haugesund University College, Norway.
- “Teaching or formatting?” by Rosa Doran, Núcleo Interactivo de Astronomia (NUCLIO), Portugal.