EuroScience Open Forum 2016
Now in its seventh iteration, ESOF attracts thousands of delegates to the host city during the week of the conference, which, in 2016, will be held between 23 and 27 July in Manchester. ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The main conference days of ESOF will run between the 25-27 July and will...
- Showcase the latest advances in science.
- Promote dialogue on the role of science and technology in public policy.
- Stimulate and provoke public interest and engagement, excitement and debate about science and technology.
- Engage the European science community with global partners and perspectives.
- Interrogate the interplay between science and society and inspire public debate on science-related societal change.
ESOF 2016 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives. This international perspective is particularly significant since, in the face of global challenges and the internationalisation of trade and political governance, science is increasingly considered an international collaborative endeavour; a feature that the programme will address.